Velma answers your questions. Have a look at what other readers have asked, or fill in the form at the bottom of this page to ask Velma a question of your own.
1) Velma, I read on your website about your experiences with food addiction to sugar, flour, and wheat. I am overweight, miserable, depressed, and not feeling very excited about my life these days. I wonder if this might be my problem too. How do I know if I have an addiction to sugar, flour, and wheat? Click here to read the answer!
2) Velma, I read on your website that you work with step families, specifically the step mom relationship. I am remarried and my husband’s first wife and I are not getting along very well. I hate when family events come up because we all have to be there and the tension is very high. What do you suggest to help me to relax and enjoy these special occasions? Click here to read the answer!
3) Velma, my sisters and brothers are not getting along too well these days. We have some long standing family tension, blame, shame, and judgments going on. I want to be able to relax and trust being around them. What can I do to be a better sibling without being someone’s doormat and feeling like I have to grin and bear their abuse? Click here to read the answer!
4) Velma, I have conversations with some of my friends and they seem so happy to be living their lives. They know what they are passionate about. They have a purpose in life. They love waking up every morning to go out and do all of that. I on the other hand, do not. I listen to them and wonder if and when I will be able to feel that way. Something is definitely missing in my life and I don’t know what it is or how to go about finding it. Can you help me out of this stuck and trapped place? Click here to read the answer!
5) Velma, my house is a wreck! I have stacks of papers, boxes and stuff everywhere. I just can’t seem to find the energy to do anything about it. I feel hopelessly overwhelmed. Can you help me get out of this mess? Click here to read the answer!
6) Velma, I have some feelings coming up lately and I am sad and in a vulnerable state of being. I have some recurring memories about somethings that happened long ago with someone I really care about. I can’t seem to shake this and let the past go. Will this ever go away? Will I ever feel happy again?Click here to read the answer!
7) Velma, I recently noticed that I spend a lot of time in my head going over and over the words of doubt and confusion. Every time I have an idea to step out and doing something different, I start out feeling excited then those beliefs come up and I my ideas crash and burn. I feel like I’m in a vehicle with one foot on the accelerator in Drive and one foot on the accelerator in Reverse. Is there any way to get out of this and just move ahead once and for all? Click here to read the answer!
8) Velma, I’m curious. I would like to know some of the things you do, rituals, to start your day connected to Source. Click here to read the answer!
9) Velma, how do you feed your soul? Click here to read the answer!
10) Velma, I’m feeling overwhelmed these days with taking care of my work, the kids, cooking, and social life. I do not seem to find the time to take care of myself at all. I’m feeling run down and just want to put my life on pause until I can get some sleep and catch up with everything that’s been put on hold and left undone. What can I do to relieve some of this stress and anxiety? Click here to read the answer!
11) Velma, there are times when I am in the zone… productive, creating up a storm, lovin’ every minute of it! And then bam! All of a sudden, I feel drained, wiped out, borderline depressed, and not able to enjoy much of anything. I can’t seem to get on with what needs to be done. Have you ever felt like that? How do I shift from this dark and heavy feeling into the lighter energies of creativity ? Click here to read the answer!
12) Velma, I have noticed in the last two days that I’ve dropped my smoothie right after blending it, I dropped my purse, and I stumbled a lot. What’s going on? Click here to read the answer!
13) Question: A recent conversation was over heard by a child and the parents about birthday party plans and sleepover. The family had lost their home and possessions in the recent flooding in Louisiana. The young child wanted to talk about plans for his birthday party and the parents were having to carefully and sensitively explain how can we have a party now, we don’t even have a house. What do we do when we experience some kind of catastrophic loss as this, or a death in the immediate family, or some circumstance where the normal celebrations are on pause or have to take a back seat to the current situation? Click here to read the answer!
14) Velma, I’m working in my business but I’m not really feeling fulfilled at all. At least I have a job. Some people don’t. I actually feel like something important is missing though. Am I crazy? Should I settle for what I have now hoping I will feel better later on? Is this even about my job? Click here to read the answer!
15) Velma, somedays I leave home with a plan of action and list of errands. Right up front, something happens to put my plan on hold. I feel frustrated which changes my whole mood for the rest of my day. Does this happen to you when you have a certain plan and then something happens that changes everything? What do you do when this happens? Answer: Yes, I totally understand. It does happen to me too. Matter of fact, I’ll share a story with you that I recently experienced. Click here to read the rest of the answer!