1) Keep It Simple. Where do you really want to be and what do you really want to be doing? What can you say no to and still be able to relax and enjoy yourself without feeling guilty?
3) Deep Breaths. Place Lemon or Orange essential oils in the palm of your hand, rub your palms together toward your heart then place both hands together, bring them to your nose. Take in several slow deep breaths.
4) Acupressure. The fleshy place between your index finger and thumb is called the hoku spot in traditional Chinese medicine. Applying firm pressure there for just 30 seconds can reduce stress and tension in your upper body. So if you start to feel overwhelmed by the holiday chaos, give your hand a squeeze and take a deep breathe.
5) Laugh. Laughter has proven to reduce stress. Dedicate time to funny movies. Hang around with the great storytellers at the party with the intention of laughing a lot!
6) Enjoyment. Focus your energy on all that brings you true joy. Notice the little things around you that bring great joy within you. Do more of that.
7) Involved. Spending holidays alone can bring more stress and by considering to volunteer at an animal shelter or serving meals at a homeless shelter can lift your spirits and soothe the lonliness. You could be the light in someone’s life.
8) Ask For Help. Whether it’s help with the shopping, cooking, washing dishes, or traveling arrangements, let someone know that you need help. This is the season for giving and sharing and there are many around you that are called to be of service to others in need. They could be the light in your life.
9) Claim Techno Free Time. When you sleep, leave cell phones in a separate room. The electromagnetic energies inhibit sleep and peaceful rest. Cell phones and computers can also be distracting and keep us from being able to be present with our loved ones. Declare hours or days of no cell zones where the phone are off and notifications are turned off.
10) Reasons For The Season. For many, the holidays are a time of building great love, devotion, giving, and sharing. Take a moment before you begin each day, close your eyes, place a hand on your heart, and set an intention for how you can best be open love, peace, and calm. Ask what you can do to master your energy in any moment.
11) Reach Out. If you find yourself in overwhelming stress and these solutions are not getting you where you’d like to be, please reach out and schedule a one-on-one appointment with me. You are not alone. Peace and Calm can be yours too.
12) Comfort. Hot foods trigger the release of endorphins—the natural chemicals that trigger feelings of euphoria and well-being. Enjoy a conversation with someone you love as you sip on a cup of warm Chamomile and Lemon tea.
13) Crystals. Blue Lace Agate is a great stone to wear. It is a gentle gemstone of communication, calming, clarity and stress relief. It helps to bring feelings of tranquility and alleviate anger and tension.
14) Music. There’s something about the right song or that special instrumental that can take us to another place in time. Create a list of your favorite music that soothes the savage beast of stress.