Question: Velma, I have noticed in the last two days that I’ve dropped my smoothie right after blending it, I dropped my purse, and I stumbled alot. What’s going on?
Answer: Wow, whew! what a day, huh? Thank you for this question because so many of us have experienced this. Several things come to mind that I’ll share.
- Perhaps your body was letting you know that it did not need or want that particular smoothie for that meal. For example, if you are focused on eating less sugars and you’re not aware of an ingredient in that drink that contains sugar, your Highest Self is handling that detail for you in this way.
- Perhaps your energy is scattered and all over the place and you are not able to focus very strongly in the present. If you have a lot going on in your life, ie, new job, family issues, children’s activities, illness, etc.
- Are there lots of unpleasant things happening in your life/world at this time that has some of your unconscious attention? Sometimes in our communities things happen that cause major upheavals in our energy fields and we need to reconnect with our inner presence.
- Is your life or your business expanding and your energy and thoughts being called here and there? This is great news and when there is change in the form of expansion, it is exciting and it requires us to be in more than one place at once…energetically.
- What does your intuition tell you it is? Trust your Highest Self. Do you have a hint or feeling or thought of what may be happening? Trust it. Follow through on that Guidance.
These could be symptoms of “scatteredness” and your energy needs grounding. Here are a few ways of grounding your energy on a daily basis:
- Go outside, shoes off if possible, walk on the earth, dig your toes in the dirt.
- Stand up straight, with your feet together.
- Spread your toes wide and grip the ground.
- Stand with your feet apart.
- Hands toward the heavens.
- See a golden cord connecting you up into the Universe.
- See a gold cord connecting you down into the Earth.
- Hold this space until you feel strong, centered, and grounded.
- Stand up and call all of your energies back.
- Stand up straight, with your feet comfortably apart.
- Place your attention on all the parts of you that are energetically busy doing this and that.
- Clap your hands loudly 3 times.
- Each time say “I call all parts of myself back into this present moment Now!”
- Take a salt bath.
- Run your bath water.
- Add about a cup or so of sea salt, Hawaiian salt, or Himalayan salt. Enjoy for 20-30 minutes.
- Add your favorite essential oil for a nice refreshing feeling.
- Carry crystals and stones.
- Crystals and stones, certain ones, are awesome for grounding purposes. Carry some jasper, black kyanite, or blue kyanite in your pocket.
- Physical activity.
- Do something physical be it running, planting flowers or herbs, or dancing around for a bit.
I hope these suggestions give you food for thought and solutions to find what works best for you to gather and ground your energies. My mission is always to help you to Lighten Up All Over.