Velma, there are times when I am in the zone… productive, creating up a storm, lovin’ every minute of it! And then bam! All of a sudden, I feel drained, wiped out, borderline depressed, and not able to enjoy much of anything. I can’t seem to get on with what needs to be done. Have you ever felt like that? How do I shift from this dark and heavy feeling into the lighter energies of creativity ?
Answer: What an awesome question! Thank you for asking. Those times are ugh-ish aren’t they? Oh yes indeed, I sure have felt like that. I know that territory well. Matter of fact, it just happened to me recently and does happen from time to time. To be clear, I am not a medical or psychological professional and I cannot prescribe medication. These suggestions are based on my personal experiences and how I’ve managed my energy in times of high stress and low energy. Here is a checklist to help you zero in on what may be happening:
- Is a full moon nearby? Energetically, a full moon can be extremely taxing energetically and is also an optimum opportunity to let go of what no longer serves it, such as negative patterns and limiting beliefs. During this time, be honest with yourself and make a written list of your patterns and beliefs, as many as you can. Have a burning ceremony for them as you thank them for their service in your life, freeing them now and letting them go. They are free and you are free too.
- Is Mercury in Retrograde? The phases and alignments of the planets are famous times for wiping out our energy, causing confusion, and miscommunications. Notice during these times if you’re feeling drained, confused, lost on what day it is, and feeling like you’re going back in time. This is a great time to be still and quiet if possible, being gentle with yourself, writing and journaling about what’s happening can help you get some of the chaos out of your body, mind and spirit. Take it slow. No need to rush, actually rushing is not advised at all during a retrograde. Take your time reading documents, explaining yourself, and do as little planning as possible.
- Have you had a string of days where you have physically, emotionally, or mentally over exerted yourself? Preparing for such things as a 5K event, tax time paperwork, extended visits by family members or friends, or not giving your body, mind and spirit appropriate nourishment can all lead to highs and lows, peaks and valleys of energy. When you have breached an energetic boundary and have had enough, your spirit may shut down and you feel like the bottom fell out. You feel disconnected from your normal energetic and creative self. Perhaps you’re feeling blah a lot more than usual. Maybe you’re sleeping a lot more or waking up in the middle of the night full of fear and worry. During stressful times like this, please put your health and well-being first. Honor your body, mind, and spirit. Give it time to rest and recoup from ‘having to be on’ mode. Take naps. Take longer baths in salt water. Take short strolls in nature. Sit in nature. Walk barefoot on the earth.
- Has there been a sudden loss in your life– of a job, someone you care about, a home, vehicle or opportunity? These traumatic events can quickly zap the life out of you! Your whole world can feel rocked and unsteady. In times like this, gratitude is such an effective healer. Spend some time in quiet contemplation as you give thanks for the many blessings that you received while in a relationship with these people, places or things. Be gentle with yourself. No blame, shame, criticism, judgment or guilt is allowed. This is a time of self-love, self-nurturing, and introspection. Seek support from friends and family whom you trust and feel safe. Share your feelings. Allow your heartfelt emotions to be released. Give thanks and appreciation for all of the blessings you have received. Be open to receive wisdom, insight, and inspiration about the next steps forward.
- Have you been eating lots of junk food, high carb, high fat foods? The chemicals in those foods can turn our lives into a mess. They can cloud your mind, drain your energy, give you really fast highs and then drop you like a hot brick into doom and gloom and depression!
I hope these suggestions have helped you understand a bit more about your energetic experiences. If you have any questions or need help getting through to the other side of something, please reach out to me by scheduling an appointment and we’ll talk more about what’s going on for you. Lifting your body, mind, and spirit in love and light, peace and comfort, ease and grace. xox